Kingston University recognises its environmental responsibilities and the need to follow best practice.
Our Sustainability Policy Statement (PDF) commits us to the following objectives:
- to continue as a sector leader for sustainable curriculum, research and teaching;
- to prevent pollution and comply with relevant legislation and other voluntary codes;
- to minimise waste through elimination, reduction, re-use and recycling;
- to ensure resource efficiency and carbon management through energy and water efficiency;
- to promote an environmentally friendly travel plan (through our free university bus service, for example);
- to promote sustainable procurement and Fairtrade;
- to consider sustainability issues as part of campus development;
- to enhance biodiversity and recreational space in the University's grounds;
- to raise awareness among the University's community and external stakeholders; and
- to collaborate with other key partners.
Find out more from the Sustainability Hub.