Search our site
Search our site

Halls of residence at Kingston University

What's on offer in halls?

In our halls you will have a single, furnished study bedroom in a flat with up to eight other students with whom you share the kitchen. Of the rooms, 82% have en-suite facilities with the remaining 18% of rooms sharing bathroom facilities with the other students in the flat.

The iQ Wave hall of residence also has 100 self-contained studios with their own kitchen and shower facilities.

Living in halls is a great way to get to know other people and can be lots of fun. To enhance your student experience, you will normally share a mixed gender flat with other students from different backgrounds and courses.

Modern facilities

  • All our halls are self catering with shared kitchens and on-site launderettes. Students in 82% of our rooms enjoy en-suite facilities.
  • Your room is furnished, although you will have to bring your own bedding, towels and cooking utensils/equipment. All our rooms have internet access and are non-smoking.
  • We have a range of accommodation especially for disabled students. If you would like to apply for adapted accommodation, get in touch with our disability advisers in the Student Life Centre for more information.
  • Our halls have 24-hour cover with staff on hand to assist with any problems.

Convenient living

  • You do not have to vacate your room during the Christmas or Easter holidays.
  • A free intersite bus service runs between our halls of residence and the campuses, as well as Kingston and Surbiton stations (except Kingston Bridge House and iQ Wave, which are a short walk from the Penrhyn Road campus).
  • Permits for limited car parking are available at our hall sites (except iQ Wave where there is no parking due to its town centre location). There are also secure bicycle racks and/or sheds.

What else do I need to know?

Our halls are grouped into price bands. These fees are inclusive of heating, lighting and hot water. We will offer you a halls place in the band of your choice, wherever possible.

Our licence period usually covers all the weeks that you are required to be in attendance for your course and sufficient time for self study. For more information view the academic year calendar.

Licences are typically:

  • 40 weeks long for most undergraduate students;
  • 48 weeks long for nursing students; and
  • 50 weeks long for eligible postgraduate students.

Some courses differ in length to the standard periods so you may be offered a different licence duration.

When choosing your accommodation preferences, you will need to know which campus your course is based at. If you are unsure, please refer to the relevant course page on our website.

Find out more

Read our frequently asked questions about life in halls.

Each year we run a Welcome to Halls event, view our video from September 2014:

Virtual tours

Click on the links below to view 360° panoramas of our halls of residence:

Chancellors Hall

See what it's like at Chancellors Hall.

Clayhill

See what it's like at the Clayhill halls of residence.

iQ Wave

See what it's like at the iQ Wave halls of residence.

Kingston Bridge House

See what it's like at the Kingston Bridge House halls of residence.

Middle Mill

See what it's like at the Middle Mill halls of residence.

Seething Wells

See what it's like at the Seething Wells halls of residence.

Walkden Hall

See what it's like at Walkden Hall.

Contact us

Accommodation: Student Life Centre
Tel: +44 (0)20 8417 7311
Email us

Contact us

Accommodation: Student Life Centre
Tel: +44 (0)20 8417 7311
Email us

Features of our halls

  • Single-study bedrooms arranged in flats
  • Internet access in all rooms
  • All halls are self catering and non-smoking
  • On-site launderette facilities
  • Parking for cars/bicycles at hall sites
  • On-site management and 24-hour security
  • Adapted accommodation for students with disabilities
  • Designated flats for postgraduate and mature students
  • Free bus service between halls and campuses (except Kingston Bridge House and iQ Wave, which are a short walk from Penrhyn Road)
  • Member of UUK Code of Practice

We are a member of UUK Code of Practice

Accommodation
Site menu