Search our site
Search our site

Information for graduates pre-1992

Other duplicate or replacement certificates

Kingston Polytechnic awards

Kingston University came into being on 16 June 1992. Before then it was Kingston Polytechnic, whose awarding body was the Council for National Academic Awards (CNAA).

Contact the CNAA (Council for National Academic Awards) awards at:

  • CNAA Aftercare Service
    Centre for Inclusion and Collaborative Partnerships
    1st Floor, Wilson B
    The Open University
    Walton Hall
    Milton Keynes
    MK7 6AA

    Tel:  +44 (0)1908 332852
    Fax: +44 (0)1908 332841

    For further information visit the CNAA Aftercare Service website.

BTEC/EDEXCEL awards before 1994 and all Art and Design Foundation Diplomas

Apply directly to:

  • Edexcel Foundation Student Services
    Stewart House
    32 Russell Square
    WC1B 5DN

    Tel: 0845 618 0440 (from within the UK) or +44 (0)161 855 7514 (from outside the UK)

    For further information visit the Edexcel website.

London University Awards (1970s)


  • The Duplicate Diploma Production section
    Senate House
    Mallet Street
    WC1E 7HU

    If you're a graduate, please call +44 (0)20 7862 8000 and leave a message with your details. If London University is unable to re-produce a certificate for any reason, they'll issue a pro-forma verification.

    For further information visit the University of London website or contact them online.

Practice Teaching Certificate in Social Work (any year)


  • The General Social Care Council
    Myson House
    Railway Terrace
    CV21 3HT

    Tel: +44 (0)1788 572119

Other courses

For courses that were not awarded by the above bodies and were Kingston Polytechnic certificates (eg. some postgraduate diplomas), we can only issue a pro-forma verification. This is a document styled in a similar format to an award certificate.

You can apply online for a pro-forma verification at a cost of £30.

Verfication of award letter

If the relevant data is available, you can get a letter endorsing details of your award, online. The charge for this service is £25 per copy, including postage and packing.

Transcripts and certified copy transcripts prior to 2003

If you completed your award before 2003, we may not be able to provide you with a transcript.

Faculties don't normally retain files for more than six years after you graduate/end registration.

Your request will be forwarded to your faculty to see if it still has the relevant information to provide a transcript. If not, the faculty will provide a covering letter. The faculty may charge for this service.

Contact us

Email: about graduation ceremonies and alumni

Email: about requesting your original certificate

Email: about your online order

Site menu