Find out more about what happens now you have an offer from Kingston University and how we can help you decide if this is the place for you.
Step 1: is Kingston the right place for you?
- Now that you have an offer, you need to get a feel for your chosen course and what student life is really like at Kingston University.
- Depending on the subject you've applied for, you might also be invited to an Open Day where you can meet other applicants and your future lecturers. You'll be able to talk to staff and current students about both your course choice and student life; attend a subject talk on your chosen course; take a campus tour; and find out about accommodation and money matters.
- If you've applied to or been made an offer to study a Kingston course at a partner college, you might also want to attend their open day as this is where you'll be attending the majority of your lectures.
If you're an international student and will only be in the UK for a short visit, you can contact the International Office to arrange a campus tour.
- Make sure you stay in the know: Remember to check back to this Getting Ready site. We'll be updating it regularly so it's the best way to make sure you have all the information you need to make the right choice.
Step 2: choose your firm and insurance offers
- You need to reply to your offers by 4 May 2017 via , including confirmation of your firm and insurance choices. If you have applied late or you are an international student, your deadlines may be slightly different (see ).
- If your offer is conditional on exam results, we'll need to receive these to confirm your offer as unconditional (this secures your place). Many UK qualifications are sent to us by UCAS. If they're not, you'll need to send your Kingston ID or your UCAS number with a scanned copy of your results to email@example.com as soon as you have them. Read more about .
- If you choose Kingston University as your firm choice, we will send you everything you need to know in advance of Welcome Week and enrolment events.
Step 3: start thinking about the practical stuff
- Where will you live? Are you eligible for halls, will you rent privately, or do you want to commute? Find out more about accommodation at Kingston.
- What will your journey be like? If you're going to commute, check your journey out on and , or download a . You can also read some top tips for commuting on .
- How will you budget? Do you need to start saving now? Will you need to get a while you are at Kingston? The includes useful tips and a budget calculator; or if you're an international student, try this .
- What sports clubs and societies might you want to join? Visit the for a full list.
- Learn how to cook while you can! Check out for ideas.
- Show your parents or guardian our dedicated parents site to see how they can help and support you.
- Finally, concentrate on getting those grades – if you're doing exams, good luck! Check out if you need some revision tips.