All students from outside the United Kingdom need to meet our English language requirements. These depend on whether you are applying for pre-degree, undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Applicants from one of the recognised Majority English Speaking Countries (MESCs) do not need to meet these requirements.
If you don't achieve the required score, you may be eligible to join our pre-sessional English language course.
|Level of entry ||General qualification requirement
- HSSC or Intermediate/FA/FSc.
||Year 1 entry:
- A-levels or International Baccalaureate.
- Recognised foundation course in the UK.
- Students with excellent HSSC or Intermediate/FA/FSc (80%+) results may be considered for direct entry onto year 1.
- Two-year degree from a recognised university.
- Students with excellent results from the two or three-year degree from recognised institutions may be considered for advanced entry onto our undergraduate programmes. This is operated on a case-by-case situation and a close match with our own curricula is required.
|Postgraduate taught masters
- Two or three-year degree followed by a two-year masters degree from a recognised institution.
- Four-year bachelors degree from a recognised institution.
- For certain courses, work experience will also be required. Please see the postgraduate course page for specific course entry details.
- A good postgraduate masters degree from a recognised institution.
*Applications are considered on an individual basis and other qualifications/work experience may be taken into consideration.
You can also view our undergraduate and postgraduate courses.