Postgraduate scholarships for Indian students
In recognition of our high-achieving Indian students and the University's close ties with India, we are pleased to announce two scholarships of £3,500 specifically for Indian postgraduate students joining Kingston in September 2013. These scholarships are open to Indian applicants who have applied for a full-time, one-year, taught masters degree in any subject area based at Kingston University.
- Scholarship applications for September 2013 will close on 31 May 2013.
Please note that we cannot consider applications received after the deadline. Remember that the scholarships application procedure is separate from the admissions application procedure.
Who can apply?
You can apply for an award if you:
- are an Indian student (classified as 'overseas' for fee purposes, holding an Indian passport and domiciled in India);
- have an offer of a place on a course at Kingston for September 2013 entry; and
- are not currently registered on an undergraduate or postgraduate course at Kingston University.
How are the scholarships awarded?
The scholarships are competitive and will be awarded to the most deserving students on the basis of:
- academic merit;
- what you expect to gain from the course you are taking; and
- what you intend to do after completing the course.
Please note that whilst Indian students will be considered for both the international postgraduate scholarships and the scholarship for postgraduate Indian students, students cannot be awarded both. Successful applicants will be awarded one scholarship of £3,500.
How do I apply?
In order to apply, you must first hold an offer of a place on a postgraduate taught course at Kingston University. The offer can either be conditional or unconditional. You can apply online using the same application form as for the other international postgraduate scholarships. You only need to make one application as Indian postgraduate applicants automatically are considered for both the international postgraduate scholarship and the postgraduate scholarships for Indian students.
Please also note that you will need electronic copies of the following documents to make your application online:
- a copy of your offer letter;
- an academic reference letter;
- a copy of your academic transcript/worksheet; and
- a copy of your Academic IELTS or TOEFL result (where applicable).
The deadline to apply is 31 May 2013.