Before you leave home you need to:
- obtain the necessary permission to enter the UK (including ATAS if applicable);
- upload your passport onto (Kingston University's Online Student Information System);
- complete Stage 1 of enrolment online;
- if you will be living in halls, complete and return the accommodation licence, together with £300 deposit;
- book the airport pick-up service; and
- notify your landlord/lady or hall manager of when you will be arriving.
The following items should go in your hand luggage:
- passport or national identity card;
- a printout of your CAS email (only if you are studying in the UK for more than six months);
- entry clearance (student visa) – this is compulsory for all visa and non-visa nationals who intend to study in the UK for more than six months. Even if you are a non-visa national who intends to study for less than six months, we still recommend getting entry clearance (see and for further information);
- letter of acceptance from the University;
- evidence that you will be able to support yourself financially throughout your course;
- cash and/or travellers' cheques for immediate needs on arrival;
- credit cards;
- details of the airport pick-up service if you are using it;
- your accommodation address;
- a jacket or jumper (it may be cold or raining when you arrive);
- certificates of health, vaccinations or x-ray reports if you need them; and
- documents to show insurance if applicable.
Please remember to keep all important documentation with you in your hand luggage when you travel.