Our courses will help to develop the skills and abilities you'll need to succeed in your career.
Many courses at Kingston University are vocational. This means that they:
- are specifically designed to prepare you for your chosen career
- offer you the chance to gain valuable work experience in industry or commerce
They often also carry professional accreditation from organisations such as:
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA);
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS);
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD);
- the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM); and
- the British Psychological Society (BPS).
Find out more about our courses and studying at Kingston.
All our degrees teach you work-related skills, such as:
- career management;
- IT and communication;
- numeracy; and
You can add extra depth to your studies by attending our many conferences and events.
Experience working life
We know real-world experience is important so many of our undergraduate degrees offer:
- industry placements;
- links with employers so teaching is relevant to business today; and
- the chance to study abroad including through the Erasmus scheme.
Work in the UK
International students graduating from a UK university can apply to stay in the UK to work once they have finished their studies. With central London just 25 minutes away by train, you are within easy reach of a wide range of opportunities.
Find out more from the Home Office.
Help and advice
Our Careers and Employability Service will support you throughout your time at Kingston and for up to three years after you graduate. They offer:
- careers support and expert advice;
- access to a library of resources;
- access to an online job vacancy service; and
- employer recruitment seminars and workshops.
See what it's like
Watch our video of Kingston upon Thames, a lively riverside town with everything you need.