London is one of the most exciting cities in the world. And with more than 90,000 international students studying here – more than in any other city – it's a great place to be a student.
You'll have a lot of fun exploring the city, from taking a ride on the famous to visiting historical landmarks such as and the .
London is a global centre of culture. The city has:
- more than 300 museums and 250 art galleries – from the British Museum to the Tate Galleries;
- more than 200 theatres and 600 ; and
- specialist libraries and archives, such as the British Library and the British Film Institute.
When you are ready to take a break from your studies, London provides:
- a huge variety of , , and ;
- lovely green spaces where you can relax, such as Regent's Park and Hyde Park;
- places where you can meet new friends, such as International Student House; and
- a taste of home – multicultural London is home to many different cultures.
London offers fantastic employment and work experience opportunities. London is a centre for:
- business – more than 300,000 people work in financial services;
- science – London is home to world-famous hospitals and scientific institutions, such as the Royal Society; and
- creativity – London is a centre of the creative industries, including fashion, film, advertising and design. One in five new jobs in London are in the .
London is an ideal base from which to explore Europe. Paris is only two and half hours away by , and fly from London's airports to cities all over Europe.
Find out more from the and websites.