Our links with industry provide a practical base for our courses. They also help us to ensure your studies are kept up to date and relevant to the working environment.
If you choose to study this course, you will benefit from:
- real-world experience thanks to your MSc project, which you can undertake either:
- in industry – past students have undertaken project placements in the pharmaceutical industry, forensic labs, analytical consultancies, hospital labs and research labs, for example; or
- as collaborative research with other laboratories;
- the latest views from visiting speakers – such as Vicki Barwick from LGC (an independent chemical analysis lab) and Stephen Paton from global pharmaceutical company Ely Lilley; and
- industry visits – to Cancer Research UK or the Clinical Trials Laboratories Service, for example.