The range of events and lectures in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences enhances your studies and adds an extra perspective to your learning.
External and internal speakers
A range of both external and internal speakers give psychology talks. Past topics have included:
- museum conversations; and
- gender differences in peer conversations.
The Department of Psychology invites psychologists from institutions across the UK to present their most recent research, with all students welcome to attend. Past topics have included:
- It takes a grandmother to raise a child? (Dr Rebecca Sear, London School of Economics)
- Social know-how and the development of prejudice (Prof Adam Rutland, University of Kent)
- Gender, race and children's conversations (Dr Patrick Leman, Royal Holloway)
- Memory illusions in adults and children – the role of encoding processes (Dr Steve Dewhurst, Lancaster University)
- Neuroimaging of structural and functional vulnerabilities in aging (Dr Melissa Lamar, Institute of Psychiatry)
- Target saliency and visual consciousness (Professor Angus Gellatly, Open University)