There is a wide range of facilities for practical work at our Penrhyn Road campus, where this course is based. You will have access to a modern environment with the latest equipment, including:
- the £9.8 million Eadweard Muybridge building with state-of the art laboratories, including labs dedicated to environmental science and geochemistry;
- new work areas and dedicated laboratories for research;
- specialist equipment, such as
- ICP-AES and ICP-MS analytical facility;
- scanning microscopy (SEM and TEM) and electron microprobe equipment; and
- laser raman microprobe, fluid inclusion and cathodoluminesence equipment;
- computing laboratories and a team of IT technicians to offer assistance.
Dedicated graduate facilities
In addition, you can use the dedicated Graduate Centre on campus. This includes:
- additional IT facilities;
- seminar rooms;
- social spaces and a canteen; and
- a learning resource centre with specialist libraries.