"Like for like, this is one of the top programmes in the UK...it was created and is taught by academics who have worked at leading international business schools as well as top global financial institutions." – Dr Mohammed Nurullah, course director.
- The programme is designed both for those who already have experience working in corporate finance and financial management and want to enhance and further update their knowledge and understanding, and those graduates who wish to have a rewarding, exciting and challenging career in the area of corporate finance and financial management.
- Graduates from the programme are expected to hold or progress to high-ranking positions around the globe in corporate finance and financial management areas or work in relevant government bodies, or pursue a PhD.
- You have the opportunity to focus in depth on a specific area of the business finance function, thus increasing your career choices.
Practical, applicable knowledge
- The programme is aimed to demonstrate the links between theory and practice. Real-life examples and case studies are used extensively during the taught sessions and the assessments also expose students to real life problems and solutions.
- The programme has a balanced approach between quantitative and qualitative methods, and it provides candidates with the computer and research skills required by employers in this highly competitive sector.
- There is a programme of guest lectures from accounting, auditing and financial services sector experts.
- The Faculty runs a Strategy into Practice series which take place every Thursday and involve senior representatives from a range of companies attending the University to speak to students.
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to critically analyse and use relevant information to offer interpretations and solutions to problems.
Excellent, accredited teaching
- The programme has been developed with advice from managers at a number of corporations and banks, including RBS Capital Markets, Commerzbank AG, Standard Chartered Bank and NatWest Bank.
- Following its last inspection by the Higher Education Funding Council, Kingston Business School was awarded an 'excellent' rating for its teaching quality, one of only a few from 120 UK business schools to receive such recognition.
- We provide you with a supportive study environment and an expert academic team to help you achieve your academic goals.
- An international curriculum along with School and staff collaborations worldwide ensure the programme is globally relevant.
- Students can access the Bloomberg Trading Room and Thomson DataStream Advance. Find out more in the Facilities section.
- Considerable use is made of the University's virtual learning environment (StudySpace) – for example, discussion boards, podcasts and videos. In addition, the Faculty has a number of industry standard financial databases, such as DataStream, FAME, One Banker, Thomson Deals. Read more in the Learning support section.
Excellent London location
- The University's London location provides both a peaceful study setting and easy access to the city centre. The borough of Kingston upon Thames has been rated London's happiest borough, and has the lowest crime rates in London.
If you are taking the , you will study a full-time masters programme at Kingston Business School during the autumn and spring semesters, then continue to Boston University to take another course in Boston over the following summer and autumn semesters.