Human Resource Management PgDip/MA: Learning support
How we can support you
Kingston Business School aims to foster a supportive study environment to help you to successfully meet the challenges of the programme and achieve your academic and career goals.
Support comes in various forms:
- Interactive and collaborative teaching: Teaching is delivered through a combination of classroom sessions, workshops and seminars. Debate and interaction through the exchange of knowledge and experience is encouraged between both students and staff.
- Dedicated support: You will be assigned a personal academic supervisor to guide you through the research project and dissertation stage of the programme. Subject tutors are also on hand to provide guidance on specific modules. The course director and course administrator will help with general academic and administrative issues and there is a student liaison office to help with any other problems or issues.
- Online support: Kingston's online learning system StudySpace makes flexible learning easier. This innovative system means you can communicate easily with staff and course colleagues through bulletin boards and discussion groups.
- Academic skills support: The University has a range of support services to help with your academic skills through the Business and Law Academic Skills Service. There are advisers who can help you with your written English, grammar, presentation, structure and referencing, and there is specific help for international students.
- Peer group support: Kingston Business School promotes a strong study-group ethos. You are encouraged to form small informal groups so that you can meet together outside the classroom for mutual support as well as information and resource sharing. In some cases this may be initially facilitated by a member of academic staff.
- Learning materials: You will be provided with certain basic text books as well as study manuals authored exclusively by Kingston Business School staff to complement some modules. There are also a huge number of books and journals in the library which may help your studies.
- Student services: The University's student support services offer advice and guidance on a wide range of subjects from finance, accommodation and healthcare to sports and fitness, as well as a Careers Service.
- Language support: International students can access plenty of language support, both before and during your course:
Attend an open day at Kingston Hill campus to find out why Kingston Business School is the perfect choice for your postgraduate study.