There is a wide range of facilities at our Penrhyn Road campus, where this course is based. You will have access to a modern environment with the latest equipment, including:
- dedicated postgraduate computing laboratories – fully equipped with fold-flat LCD screens, data-projection systems and high-spec processors;
- state-of-the-art hardware and the latest software, including:
- development software and tools – such as Linux, Microsoft.net, Dreamweaver MX, Flash 8, Eclipse, Java 2 Standard and Mobile Editions, tools for Motorola and Nokia phones, UML and CASE tools and NXP Processors Development Kits;
- Digital Signal Processors (dsPIC Digital Signal Controllers);
- IP Set Top Box development environment (NXP's STB810);
- Electronics Laboratory; and
- a mix of wireless LAN technologies;
- the learning resources centre – offering subject libraries, online database subscriptions and resource materials;
- a postgraduate teaching suite; and
- the dedicated Graduate Centre on campus, providing seminar rooms and social spaces.
Our dedicated team of IT technicians support the labs and are always on hand to provide assistance.
Resources in London
Kingston is just a 25-minute train journey away from central London. Here you can access a wealth of additional libraries and archives, including the British Library and the Institute of Engineering and Technology.