Studying this course means you'll have opportunities to be involved with organisations outside the university - you can find out about them here.
Our links with professional practice provide a real-world base for our courses. They also help us to ensure your studies are kept up-to-date and relevant to the workplace.
Visiting lecturers have included:
- Charlie Beckett, former editor of Channel 4 News and now director of Polis
- David Bradshaw – special adviser to the Prime Minister and formerly deputy political editor of the Daily Mirror;
- Nick Comfort – former special adviser and author of How to Handle the Media;
- Mark Gill – head of Political Research at MORI;
- Julian Grice – managing director of brand consultancy The Team;
- Lis Howell – former Managing Editor of Sky News;
- Ivan Mowse – documentary-maker;
- Jo Philips – former media adviser to Lord Ashdown and director of Know Comment (part of Ten Alps Plc);
- Nick Jones – former BBC correspondent and author of Sultans of Spin; and
- Peter Riddell – associate editor of The Times.
You also benefit from the professional expertise of in-house staff members. Read more in the Who teaches this course section.