The Leadership and Management in Health course aims to:
- Help you develop leadership competencies and skills in the healthcare sector.
- Equip you with the knowledge and skills required to either enter professional practice of health management, or continue to a higher level professionally.
- Offer flexible, modular learning which can be taken as a Postgraduate Certificate, a Postgraduate Diploma or a masters (MSc).
- Give you access to a wealth of information in lectures, journals, elearning forums, seminars, the library, online lectures and discussion groups.
- Provide a critical understanding of the body of academic knowledge relevant to leadership and management and its application in practice.
- Expand your professional knowledge by facilitating discussion with other practising professionals from different organisations and sectors.
- Gives you an opportunity to research a specific area of healthcare management with practical application to your current workplace by means of a masters-level dissertation.
"Students act as their own resource in that you have a tremendous breadth of both education and practical experience... Students also act as a resource to each other and they can actually stimulate others to go on and do things that they felt maybe were beyond their scope." – Dr Meurig Thomas, course tutor