If you choose to study this course, here are some of the things you can expect from the course and how it will benefit you.
- Our Music MA allows you to design your own programme of study to match your interests, strengths and career aspirations. You select five optional modules from a wide range of music topics and/or closely related subjects.
- You also enhance your research/project development skills and broaden your knowledge base through studying four core modules.
- You further tailor the course to your own interests by undertaking either:
- a major piece of original research on a topic of your own choice - this takes the form of a dissertation. You will receive guidance from a specialist tutor plus core modules teaching research, project planning and development skills; or
- develop a folio of compositions with supporting recording and critical commentary. You will receive guidance from a specialist tutor plus core modules teaching research, project planning and development skills.
- The curriculum is enriched by the eclectic view we take of musical styles and genres at Kingston, exploiting the diversity of a repertoire encompassing western classical music, popular and world musics.
- You undertake a variety of forms of assessment, including essays, critiques, position papers, ensemble performances, a portfolio of compositions/recordings, practical projects, recording projects, presentations, research papers and a dissertation.
- We offer a part-time option to enable you to complete your MA alongside other commitments.