If you choose to study this course, here are some of the things you can expect from the course and how it will benefit you.
- The Music Performance MMus includes three dedicated performance modules, each with a distinctive focus - Aesthetics of Musical Performance; Performance Studies; and Psychology of Musical Learning, Communication and Expression.
- The curriculum is enriched by the eclectic view we take of musical styles and genres at Kingston, exploiting the diversity of a repertoire encompassing western classical music, popular and world musics.
- You have the opportunity to develop and enhance your performance skills through one-to-one tuition, masterclasses, recitals and ensemble participation.
- You will also enhance your research and project development skills by undertaking a related study and presenting it in the form of a paper. Core modules teaching research, project planning and development skills will support your preparation of the paper.
- You can further tailor the course to your own interests by choosing an optional module from a wide range of music topics and/or closely related subjects.
- You undertake a variety of forms of assessment, including a major public performance recital; a portfolio of presentational and promotional materials; essays, critiques and critical reviews; and a position paper, presentations and research paper.
- We offer a part-time option to enable you to complete your MMus alongside other commitments