Our links with industry provide a practical base for our courses. They also help us to ensure your studies are kept up-to-date and relevant to the working environment.
If you choose to study this course, you will benefit from:
- real-world experience thanks to your MSc project, which you can undertake either:
- in industry – past students have undertaken project placements in the pharmaceutical industry, forensic labs, analytical consultancies, hospital labs and research labs, for example; or
- as collaborative research with other laboratories;
- the latest views from visiting speakers – such as Vicki Barwick from LGC (an independent chemical analysis lab) and Stephen Paton from global pharmaceutical company Ely Lilley; and
- industry visits – to Cancer Research UK or the Clinical Trials Laboratories Service, for example.