If you choose to study this course, here are some of the things you can expect from the course and how it will benefit you.
- An integrated programme for the study of political economy at a rigorous level.
- Students receive a solid core background in macroeconomic analysis and policy, economic history and the history of economic thought.
- All lectures are supplemented by seminars, giving an opportunity for regular feedback and discussion.
- The Department of Economics is actively engaged in research and publication on political economy topics through the Political Economy Study Group, with regular staff seminars and workshops.
- Careful guidance and supervision given on the research dissertation focusing on political economy perspective.
- The MA is good preparation for work with a range of public and private institutions concerned with issues surrounding globalisation and development, such as international agencies and NGOs.
- You will be supported throughout the degree by our Personal Tutor Scheme.
- You will have the opportunity to learn another language, completely free of charge, alongside your degree. Languages offered include French, Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic and German.