If you choose to study this course, here are some of the things you can expect from the course and how it will benefit you.
- The Production of Popular Music MMus gives you the opportunity to explore popular music from a practical and creative perspective with an emphasis on studio-based work.
- The wide selection of optional modules allows you to tailor the course to your own interests. The major project (for which you will produce an extended album of your popular music compositions/covers) gives you the chance to further develop an area of interest in greater depth, plus enhance your research and project development skills.
- You can take advantage of the wide range of music groups at Kingston University, including pop, rock and jazz groups (read more in the Events and lectures section).
- Many members of staff are research active, which keeps your learning at the cutting-edge of the subject (read more in the Research section).
- The curriculum is enriched by the eclectic view we take of musical styles and genres at Kingston, exploiting the diversity of a repertoire encompassing western classical music, popular and world musics.
- We offer a part-time option to enable you to complete your MMus alongside other commitments.