If you choose to study this course, here are some of the things you can expect from the course and how it will benefit you.
- The Professional Practice Architecture PgDip consolidates your existing skills and learning. You gain core legal, procedural, professional and managerial competencies.
- The PgDip is a prescribed qualification by the (ARB). The programme covers both ARB and (RIBA) criteria for Part 3. It represents the attainment of the minimum level of competence expected of an architect registered in the UK.
- Your primary learning environment is within practice with support from seminar sessions and scenario-based examples.
- The course is one of continuous assessment over an extended period and offers opportunities for students to critically evaluate their professional experience.
- The emphasis is on developing the skills required for reflective practice.
- Many members of staff are research active or professional practitioners, which keeps your learning cutting-edge (read more in the Links with business and industry and Research areas sections). You also benefit from the input of visiting speakers, giving an extra perspective to your studies.
- We offer this course on a part-time study basis to help you fit your PgDip around other commitments.