Psychology MRes: Facilities
More about our modern teaching environment
There is a wide range of facilities at our Penrhyn Road campus, where this course is based. You will have access to a modern environment with the latest equipment. Our new state-of-the-art psychology laboratories are equipped with PCs with statistical analysis and experimental control software. They include:
- specialised labs for participant observation – with video monitoring and recording apparatus;
- a sound-attenuated psychoacoustics lab;
- a cognitive lab; and
- a physiological lab.
The on-site Learning Resources Centre offers:
- subject libraries, plus a free inter-library loan scheme to other libraries in the Greater London area;
- online database subscriptions; and
- a growing selection of resource materials.
The Computer Resource Centre provides:
- a reliable network;
- a set of core and specific software, with support for all core and some specific software;
- a variety of labs, for generic and specialised use; and
- academic and administrative technical support.
You can also use the dedicated Graduate Centre on campus. This includes:
- IT facilities;
- A seminar room; and
- social space.
Resources in London
Kingston is just a 25-minute train journey away from central London. Here you can access a wealth of additional libraries and archives, including the British Library.
Many of our staff in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences are research active. This ensures they are in touch with the latest thinking and bring best practice to your studies.
Learn more about the facilities available to you as a student of this course. Find out more...