The MSc Sustainable Building Design & Performance programme has a number of key features:
- The development of the knowledge and skills required to procure appropriate genuinely long-term sustainable buildings from initial design stages through to occupation and beyond.
- The development of critical skills to evaluate the historic performance of a range of buildings at a breadth of scales and the ability to develop design strategies for new proposals.
- The development of a knowledge and understanding of the fundamental principles of a low carbon built environment and the justification and practical application of a range of innovative technologies to achieve this.
- The development of appropriate skills for the predictive modelling of passive and active strategies adopted in low carbon buildings, and critically, the post-occupancy evaluation of the performance of buildings, accounting for both the building fabric and systems and also the impact of the behaviour of the occupants.
- Direct access to ArchiLab, our in-house state-of-the-art environmental design laboratory, and the expertise and equipment available.