Sustainable Design MA: Course features
What this course offers you
- The Sustainable Design MA provides a theoretical and practical understanding of the key sustainable design principles, perspectives and practices. We welcome applications from trained designers of all disciplines, and those from other creative backgrounds.
- You will develop socially and ecologically responsible design knowledge, practical design thinking and social research skills. Personal development and leadership also underpin the course.
- We deliver the course through design projects, lectures, seminars, workshops, masterclasses and field visits. You also undertake a major project potentially with an external organisation.
- We encourage you to use the design projects and option modules to tailor your studies to your own interests.
- Our approach is multi-disciplinary so you will have access to a wide range of leading experts and academics in areas ranging from sustainable design, human rights, political communications and campaigning to organisational and people management, leadership and innovation.
- We encourage you to to attend the various events across the university, including those organised by the Sustainability Hub, which ensures a truly multi-disciplinary set of perspectives and skills.
- You will also have the opportunity to team up with external organisations through live and collaborative projects (read more in the Student achievements area).
- This course is well resourced, not only in terms of academic staff and experts, but also in the facilities available through the University (read more in the Facilities section).
- We welcome professionals who wish to continue working alongside their studies. We aim to make the course as flexible as possible – offering a part-time option with one full day of attendance with occasional weekend teaching.
Book a taster session
Find out more about this course and attend a taster session:
- Date: Thursday 27 March 2014
- Time: 6.00pm–8.00pm
- Location: Knights Park campus, Kingston University
- To attend/more information: please contact Anne Marie Fisker