Penrhyn Road campus
Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2EE
Students based here study:
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Civil Engineering
- Computing and Information Systems
Click on an image to enlarge:
A lively buzz
Penrhyn Road has a lively and cosmopolitan atmosphere. Students from all campuses converge here as it:
- houses the Students' Union headquarters;
- provides central facilities, such as the gym, health centre and the main student restaurant;
- is close to the town centre; and
- is easily accessible from other campuses.
The heart of the campus is the four-storey main building and the John Galsworthy building. These house:
- the Learning Resources Centre (LRC) – with electronic resources, drop-in PC areas, video and DVD playback facilities, satellite TV and spaces for study;
- teaching rooms; and
- lecture theatres.
You also have access to the Graduate Centre, a dedicated space for postgraduate students.
Investment in teaching
The John Galsworthy building is a £20million teaching and learning facility. The six-storey complex brings lecture theatres, flexible teaching space and information technology suites together around a landscaped courtyard.
We've spent several million pounds on new teaching and learning facilities over the last few years, including:
- science laboratories;
- specialist facilities for subjects such as anatomy, psychology, journalism and radiology;
- open access computing suites;
- library facilities; and
- improved access for students with disabilities.
For more information about access at this campus and across the university visit DisabledGo.