Roehampton Vale campus
Friars Avenue, London SW15 3DW
Students studying all Engineering courses (except for Civil and Construction Engineering) are based here.
Click on an image to enlarge:
An engineering focus
We redesigned Roehampton Vale to provide teaching rooms and laboratories exclusively for engineering students. The engineering focus gives it a real sense of community.
Situated on the outskirts of Kingston, the campus is about three and a half miles from Kingston town centre and close to Richmond Park.
The modern factory-style building houses the latest technology and industry-standard equipment, including:
- large-scale wind tunnels;
- specialist computer-aided design laboratories;
- an auto lab – with a selection of vehicles, such as a Lotus Exige and a Daytona motorbike; and
- aircraft engineering 'kit' – such as a Learjet 25 and the University's flight simulator.
You also have access to the Graduate Centre, a dedicated space for postgraduate students. This includes high specification PCs and a range of software.
The £4million Hawker Wing, which opened in 2007, provides three floors of extra space for students and staff at Roehampton Vale, including improved learning and teaching facilities.
Other recent investments include:
- seminar rooms;
- a graduate centre;
- a workshop;
- a 190-person lecture theatre; and
- an enhanced Learning Resources Centre with specialist engineering resources and databases, including British Standards Online, and a learning cafe.
The free university bus connects Roehampton Vale with the other campuses, main halls of residence, town centre and railway station.
For more information about access at this campus and across the university visit DisabledGo.