The Education Liaison team at Kingston University:
- co-ordinates Kingston University's contact with schools and colleges; and
- promotes awareness and helps to raise aspirations for students aged 10–18, via outreach work.
All of our activities have a widening participation focus. We aim to increase the participation rate of those students that have been traditionally unrepresented in higher education.
Discover the impact we have by viewing our year in numbers or reading testimonials from students and teachers.
Who we work with
We currently work with a selection of schools and colleges in Greater London and Surrey. All of our activities have a widening participation focus, with the aim of increasing the participation rate of those students that have been traditionally unrepresented in higher education.
If you haven't worked with us before, but are interested in doing so, please contact us.
You can also read more information about targeting the students within your school.
Our year in numbers
- 92 schools and colleges took part in our activities this year.
- We directly engaged with approximately 11,000 pupils from these schools and colleges.
- During the past academic year, Kingston University Student Ambassadors have collectively worked almost 5,000 hours to support our activities with schools and colleges.
Compact Scheme and care leavers
- Having been one of the original six universities to be awarded the first Buttle UK Quality Mark for commitment to care leavers in 2006, the University has been awarded the mark for a further three years at ‘exemplar' standard, the highest category.
- There are currently 110 students enrolled at the University who are supported by the care leavers scheme.
- We received more than 1,200 applications for the Compact Scheme.