We understand that it can be difficult to find the time for school/college staff to update their knowledge about higher education, progression pathways, careers options and supporting learners' transition to further study.
Kingston University has developed a package of information, support and guidance as part of school/college training and inset days, delivered free of charge.
Our knowledgeable Education Liaison team is able to deliver workshops and talks as part of your existing training day programme or can offer a half/full day of personalised, relevant and engaging training.
All sessions are tailored to the exact development needs of your staff and with the needs of your young people in mind.
We are able to cover a wide range of topics to suit your needs, including:
- Understanding the UCAS process: writing effective personal statements and teacher references.
- Student finance: debunking the myths and the application process.
- Application advice: helping students to prepare portfolios and prepare for interviews.
- Transition to further study: supporting students in their progression.
- Why go to university: the benefits of gaining a degree and an update on the graduate labour market.
- Choices: the importance of GCSE and A-level/BTEC decisions.
- Tutorial programme: how our tutorial programme can help raise the aspirations and understanding of your students.
- Policy changes: meeting the requirements of national policies and agendas such as science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
- University today: hear from current students about their experiences of university in the current climate.
- Subject support: benefit from the expertise of our academic staff and learn how Kingston can support attainment and motivation in the classroom.
To register your interest and to discuss your specific needs, please contact us.