The majority of the Education Liaison team's work has a widening participation focus. Schools should therefore target learners for our events who:
- have traditionally been under-represented in higher education; and
- have the potential to benefit from our events and activities.
You should select learners:
- who are eligible for pupil premium funding;
- whose parents have no experience of higher education;
- who are from backgrounds where there is socio-economic disadvantage;
- who are black or from a minority ethnic group;
- who are currently under local authority care or classed as a care leaver;
- who have a disability;
- who are studying a vocational qualification; and
- who have the potential to go on to higher education and have a good chance of gaining five A*–C grades at GCSE.