About Sport and Active Lifestyles
Sport and Active Lifestyles is a section of the Student Wellbeing Group within the Department of Student Services and Administration. We seek to:
- provide opportunities for members of our community to improve their health and wellbeing through being physically active;
- contribute to the personal development of our students through sport; and
- raise levels of sporting performance.
We also work with a wide range of external partners, including sports clubs and sporting organisations, to make a significant contribution to the development of sport within the local community.
Primarily, we are responsible for the management of the University's sports facilities and sports development programmes. This includes:
- the University's sport and recreation facilities (including Tolworth Court sports ground and the Fitness Centre at the Penrhyn Road campus);
- the provision of informal or recreational sport and exercise opportunities and programmes;
- supporting the Students' Union sports clubs, including the provision of qualified sports coaches for some sports clubs;
- supporting talented athletes studying at the University through the Sports Performance Programme;
- administration of the Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS), a government-funded initiative which supports talented sportsmen and sportswomen studying in higher education;
- delivering community sports outreach and coach education programmes; and
- liaison and representation of sport both within the University and with external agencies.
We are also responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the University Sports Strategy and work alongside colleagues in key University departments such as Occupational Health and Safety, Health and Wellbeing, and the Students' Union to achieve the strategy's key objectives. We support the work of colleagues in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing, particularly in relation to the delivery of related academic programmes and work with a wide variety of external partners, including educational establishments, sports clubs and sporting organisations.
Sport and Active Lifestyles
- Room 8, Crescent House
Kingston upon Thames
Tel: 020 8417 2411 (ext: 62411)
Fax: 020 8417 7039 (ext: 61039)
- Kingston University
Penrhyn Road (access via Fassett Road side of campus)
Kingston upon Thames
Tel: 020 8417 2414 (ext: 62414)