Many members of staff work in relevant industry sectors. This means that their teaching includes up-to-date professional experience. They can:
- tell you what life in industry is really like; and
- help you balance creating inspiring, challenging work with meeting the needs of your client.
You can also join discussions with visiting critics and other invited professionals.
We aim to give you real experience of working for a professional client. So outside companies set projects, often awarding placements or prizes to the best. This can make a great addition to your CV.
Examples of projects
Recent students have:
- designed a project to contain and reveal the physical conditions of a site adjacent to the hidden River Fleet in Clerkenwell. They also looked at the skills and crafts in the area, such as watch making, jewellery design and print making;
- worked with students from Kingston's interior design course on a project related to a building trades college; and
- collaborated with Kingston Waste Programme Partnership on a project, called 'Space for Waste', which led to a flagship recycling initiative.