Points: minimum 112/128, depending on qualifications
Units: to include a minimum of two science A-levels or equivalent
- A-level: 112 points: from at least two science A2s.
- BTEC National Extended Diploma: 128 points for BTEC (Diploma under NQF or Extended Diploma under QCF); 60 credits for Access to HE diploma to include minimum 45 credits at Level 3 and 15 credits at Level 2, with minimum of 30 credits to include Biology & Chemistry specific subjects passed at Merit grade or above.
- Plus GCSE A*–C (or comparable numeric score under the newly reformed GCSE gradings): five subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Double Award Science.
- Tariff points for AS levels completed but not carried forward to A2 level are included in points total.
Other entry routes
- Science foundation year
- We will consider a range of alternative qualifications or experience that is equivalent to the typical offer. Applications from international students with equivalent qualifications are welcome. Please contact us for details.
If you don't meet the above entry requirements our can prepare you for entry progression onto this degree course.
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.0 overall, with no element below 5.5. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider.
Applicants who do not meet the English language requirements may be eligible to join our .
Applicants from one of the recognised Majority English Speaking Countries (MESCs) do not need to meet these requirements.