Early Years: Education and Childcare BA(Hons) top-up
- Interested in Kingston's Early Years: Education and Childcare BA(Hons) top-up for 2014 entry? Read more now.
Facts about Early Years: Education and Childcare
|Year of entry||2013|
|Qualification||BA(Hons) top-up (1 year full-time work-based route)|
|Application route||Apply through UCAS (code X112)
|External applicants||Please note that places for external applicants are limited on this course. If you studied your Foundation Degree at a college that is not within the Kingston University Partnership, please apply early to avoid disappointment.|
About this course
Why choose this course?
This one-year, work-based course provides progression to a BA(Hons) in Early Years Education and Childcare if you already have a foundation degree in Early Years, or equivalent. It is designed for practitioners whose role requires the knowledge and skills and who wish to progress to EYPS and / or QTS. (Please note: to obtain QTS you will need to complete a PGCE after successfully completing the course.
What will you study?
The course covers the following areas:
- Diversity and equal opportunities
- Critical choices
- Curriculum links
- Liaison with multi-agency/multi-professional and other adults
- Pastoral care
- Management and leadership roles and responsibilities
- Extended long study – focusing on an issue directly related to the workplace, with theoretical and practical underpinning.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. Those listed here may also be a mixture of core and optional modules.
- Foundation degree
- Foundation degree continued
- Diversity and Equal Opportunities with Curriculum Links
- Critical Choices Facing Early Years Practitioners
- Learning Environments
- Continuity through the Learning Journey
- Extended Study