Early Years: Leadership and Management Foundation Degree FdA
|Where taught||Attendance||UCAS code||Campus code||Year of entry|
|Kingston College||2 years full time (employment based)||XN12||K||2014 and 2015|
|NEWTEC||2 years full time (employment based)||XN12||U||2014 and 2015|
Why choose this course?
If you are currently working in an early years setting and want to progress to Level 5 and develop your leadership and management skills, this sector-endorsed, work-based course enables you to 'learn as you earn' by combining workplace learning with part-time study. The course offers you an opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding of leadership and management within an Early Years context.
What will you study?
The course covers important aspects of leadership and management as well as the care, development and education of young children that you will need as an experienced practitioner and/or manager. A key feature is that you gain academic credit for the learning you gain within the workplace. This course can also provide a progression route to a BA(Hons) degree.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. Those listed here may also be a mixture of core and optional modules.
- Personal and Professional Development Through Reflective Practice
- Child Development, Observation and Assessment
- Child Protection and Ethical Practices of Working With Children
- Leadership and Management of Identity
- Leadership and Management of the Early Years Setting
- Early Years Pedagogy and Practice
- Leadership and Management of the Organisation
- Special Project