Early Years: Management and Leadership FdA
- Interested in Kingston's Early Years: Management and Leadership FdA for 2014 entry? Read more now.
Facts about Early Years: Management and Leadership
|Year of entry||2013|
|Application route||2 years full time (employment based): apply through UCAS (code XN12)
Please use the following UCAS institution codes: Kingston College (K); Newtec (U)
|See the Unistats data for this course|
About this course
Why choose this course?
If you are currently working in an early years setting and want to progress to Level 5 and develop your leadership and management skills, this sector-endorsed, work-based course enables you to 'learn as you earn' by combining workplace learning with part-time study. The course offers you an opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding of management and leadership within an Early Years context.
What will you study?
The course covers important aspects of management and leadership as well as the care, development and education of young children that you will need as an experienced practitioner and/or manager. A key feature is that you gain academic credit for the learning you gain within the workplace. This course can also provide a progression route to a BA(Hons) degree.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. Those listed here may also be a mixture of core and optional modules.
- Personal and Professional Development Portfolio
- Child Development 1
- Management and Leadership Skills
- Safeguarding Babies and Young Children: The Manager's Perspective
- Interprofessional Working: Policies in Practice
- Early Years Foundation Stage
- Information to Support Decision Making
- Personal and Professional Development Review
- Child Development 2
- Management and Leadership
- Early Years Strategies for Improvement
- Inclusive Education: The Manager's Perspective
- Management and Leadership in Early Years
- Action Research and Proposal
- Special Project