Mechanical Engineering MEng/BEng(Hons): Course features
What this course offers you
- Mechanical engineering is the broadest engineering discipline at Kingston University.
- It covers the design and manufacture of a wide range of mechanical products and systems, giving you the flexibility to specialise later.
- Our fully-equipped labs help you put theory into practice. They include:
- computer-aided design tools; and
- robotics, manufacturing and testing equipment.
- You will gain important simulation skills, making you highly employable. Simulation skills are highly sought after in industry because they allow companies to reduce the time it takes to get a product on the market.
- We have good links with industry, which means many students gain work placements during the third year. This provides valuable industrial experience.
- Language tuition is available and you can also choose to go on an international exchange.
Honorary Doctorate of Kingston University and Group Leader for Advanced Hybrid Control at Jaguar Land Rover, Paul Darnell, says he is optimistic for students completing their degrees. Find out more.