The Media & Communication BA(Hons) teaching team includes staff from a variety of disciplines within the humanities and social sciences. Their areas of expertise relate to aspects of media and cultural production, consumption and textual analysis.
Teaching staff have published widely on a variety of aspects of media, including:
- British cinema;
- celebrity culture and visual politics;
- censorship and communication;
- color cinematography and American television;
- consumer culture;
- digital art and communication practice;
- lifestyle media and neoliberalism;
- media and cosmopolitanism;
- research methodologies;
- sexuality and regulatory frameworks;
- teenage magazines;
- television and new broadcasting technologies; and
- video production and distribution.