Points: minimum 104-144, depending on qualifications
Units: to include two A-levels or equivalent
- 104 points (to include at least one A2 at C or above in either PE (Physical Education), Biology, Chemistry, Applied Science or Psychology). General Studies not accepted.
- BTEC Extended Diploma: Sports and Exercise Science (112 points).
- BTEC Extended Diploma: other sports-related courses (144 points). If doing other BTEC courses (eg Health and Social Care), please contact University for verification); Access to HE Diploma in science subjects.
- Key Skills: points not accepted in tariff.
- Plus GCSE A*–C (or comparable numeric score under the newly reformed GCSE gradings): five subjects including English Language and Mathematics and Double Award Science (if not taking Double Science, then must have Biology and Chemistry at grade C).
- Tariff points for AS levels completed but not carried forward to A2 level are included in points total.
Other entry routes
- Science foundation year
- We will consider a range of alternative qualifications or experience that is equivalent to the typical offer. Applications from international students with equivalent qualifications are welcome. Please contact us for details.
If you don't meet the above entry requirements our can prepare you for entry progression onto this degree course.
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.0 overall, with no element below 5.5. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider.
Applicants who do not meet the English language requirements may be eligible to join our .
Applicants from one of the recognised Majority English Speaking Countries (MESCs) do not need to meet these requirements.