Points: minimum 112, depending on qualifications
Units: to include two science A-levels or equivalent
- A-level: minimum grade C in A2 Chemistry and one other Science subject at A2 (can be Biology, Physics or Maths) and AS Biology if not taken to A2. General Studies and Critical Thinking not accepted.
- AVCE: Science (Double Award).
- BTEC Diploma: Applied Science (to include advanced optional chemistry units with a minimum grade of Distinction – any two from 26, 27 and 28).
- Plus GCSE (A*–C, or comparable numeric score under the newly reformed GCSE grading): minimum of five subjects including Chemistry and Biology (or double award Science), English Language and Mathematics.
Other entry routes
- Science foundation year.
- We will consider a range of alternative qualifications or experience that is equivalent to the typical offer. Applications from international students with equivalent qualifications are welcome. Please contact us for details.
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.0 overall, with no element below 5.5. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider.
Applicants from one of the recognised majority English speaking countries (MESCs) do not need to meet these requirements.