Sociology BSc(Hons): Course features
What this course offers you
- Sociology helps you to understand yourself and the social world around you. It also teaches you to think in a systematic and critical way.
- Studying Sociology provides research and analysis skills, opening the door to a wide range of career opportunities.
- Sociology at Kingston is based on a broad modular teaching programme. This introduces you to the core themes of the discipline and then lets you tailor your studies to your own particular interests.
- We use a wide range of teaching methods that are designed to help you learn in a supportive and friendly environment.
- We have an excellent reputation for teaching, which includes support from a personal academic adviser.
- As a Sociology undergraduate you will have access to excellent library and computing facilities to help you with your studies.
- Language tuition and the opportunity to go on an international exchange are available.
- Sociology graduates typically enter the following fields:
- the 'culture' industry;
- social work and the 'caring professions';
- voluntary agencies;
- the police;
- the civil service;
- local government; and