Points: 112–128 depending on combination
Units: to include two A-levels or equivalent
- Spanish: A-level grade C (32 points) or AS-level grade C (12 points) or GCSE A*–B or comparable numeric score under the newly reformed GCSE gradings required.
- General Studies / Native Language accepted when one of three A-levels or equivalent.
- Key Skills Level 2/3 may be used in lieu of poor GCSEs, depending on combination.
- Plus GCSE: English (grade A*–C required or comparable numeric score under the newly reformed GCSE gradings required) and Mathematics (grade A*–C or comparable numeric score under the newly reformed GCSE gradings preferred).
Further requirements for specific combinations:
- Applied Economics: GCSE Mathematics grade A*–C (or comparable numeric score under the newly reformed GCSE gradings) required.
- English Language and Linguistics: grade C (32 points) at A-level in English or a related subject.
- English Literature: grade C (32 points) at A-level in English Literature / English Literature and Language or similar.
- Media and Communication: students taking Media Studies A-level must achieve grade C or above.
- Psychology: 120 points. At least 72 points from 2 A-levels or equivalent. Students taking A-level Psychology must achieve grade C (32 points) or above. GCSE Mathematics grade A*–C or comparable numeric score under the newly reformed GCSE grading; General Studies / Native Language accepted as one of four A-levels.
For most courses a decision will be made on the basis of your application form alone. However, for some courses, the selection process may include an interview – usually held between December and April for full-time students.
The interviews may be on a one-to-one basis, in a group or with your portfolio, and you may be given a task such as participating in a workshop, a short essay, questionnaire or translation to demonstrate your strengths in addition to any formal entry requirements.
Other entry routes
We will consider a range of alternative qualifications or experience that are equivalent to the typical offer. Applications from international students with equivalent qualifications are welcome. Please contact us for details.
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirement, which is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no element below 5.5. Make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we consider.
Applicants who do not meet the English language requirements could be eligible to join our .
Applicants from a recognised majority English speaking countries (MESCs) do not need to meet these requirements.