Television and New Broadcasting Media BA(Hons): Entry requirements
What you need to apply for this course
Points: 240–360 depending on combination
Units: to include two A-levels or equivalent
- No specific subjects required.
- Key Skills: points not accepted in tariff.
- Plus GCSE: English (grade A*–C preferred). Key Skills Level 2/3 may be used in lieu of poor GCSEs, depending on combination.
Further requirements for specific combinations
- Creative Writing: 300 points with 60 points at A-level in English Literature, Literature and Language, Drama and Theatre Studies or a related subject. GCSE English A*–C required
- Dance: refer to Dance entry requirements.
- Economics (Applied): GCSE Mathematics and English (grade A*–C required).
- English Language and Communication: 80 points at A-level in English or a related subject.
- English Literature: 300 points including 80 points at A-level in English Literature, Literature and Language, Drama and Theatre Studies or a related subject. GCSE English A*–C required.
- History of Art, Design and Film: five GCSE subjects including Mathematics and English (grade A*–C required).
- Law: 280 points, with at least 180 points from two A-levels or equivalent; five GCSE subjects including Maths and English (grade A*–C required). General Studies and Native Languages accepted at grade B when 1 of 3 A-levels or equivalent.
- Media and Cultural Studies: students taking Media Studies A-level must achieve grade C or above.
- Psychology: GCSE Mathematics and English (grade A*–C required); students taking A-level Psychology must achieve a grade C or above.
Other entry routes
We will consider a range of alternative qualifications or experience that are equivalent to the typical offer. Applications from international students with equivalent qualifications are welcome. Please contact us for details.
English language requirements
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with special conditions in all elements. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider.
Applicants who do not meet the English language requirements may be eligible to join our pre-sessional English language course.
Applicants from one of the recognised Majority English Speaking Countries (MESCs) do not need to meet these requirements.