Kingston University supports the Helena Kennedy Foundation's project to promote access to higher education for people who have fled persecution and sought asylum in the UK.
Awards for students seeking sanctuary
We currently offer:
- four full fee-remitted places each year to successful applicants;
- an annual £3,000 bursary to support students with living costs;
- a place on our Compact Scheme; and
- a designated member of staff to provide support, guidance and opportunities throughout their studies.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You are an asylum seeker or the partner / dependant of an asylum seeker; or
- You have been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) or some other form of temporary status as a result of an asylum or human rights application
- Important: You must have submitted an application to study at Kingston University for the forthcoming academic year before your Sanctuary award application can be considered.
How to apply for 2017/18 entry
Please ensure you read the guidance notes thoroughly prior to applying. The deadline for applications is 13 April 2017.
Read more information about .