All students from outside the United Kingdom need to meet our English language requirements. These depend on whether you are applying for pre-degree, undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Applicants from one of the recognised Majority English Speaking Countries (MESCs) do not need to meet these requirements.
If you don't achieve the required score, you may be eligible to join our pre-sessional English language course.
|Level of entry ||General qualification requirement |
|Foundation || |
- Successful completion of School Leaving Certificate
HK Secondary Form 6 with good HKCEE grades.
- HKAL/GCE A-levels (for Science and Engineering foundation).
- A portfolio of art work is also required for the Art and Design Foundation course.
|Undergraduate || |
- Minimum 2 HKAL/GCE A-levels or equivalent with good grades.
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) 3,3,4 – 4,5,5 excluding Chinese language.
- A-levels or International Baccalaureate.
- Recognised foundation course in the UK.
- Holders of recognised post-secondary qualifications (ie Diplomas, Higher Diplomas and Associate Degrees) will be considered for advanced standing into second or possibly final year.
|Postgraduate taught masters || |
- A good three-year Bachelor degree from any recognised university.
- For certain courses, work experience will also be required. Please see the postgraduate course page for specific course entry details.
|Postgraduate research || |
- A good postgraduate masters degree.
*Applications are considered on an individual basis and other qualifications/work experience may be taken into consideration.
You can also view our undergraduate and postgraduate courses.