The University has very close links with organisations that advise us and help with projects. For example:
- some of our students have had books published while at Kingston University;
- postgraduate computing students recently worked on a real-world project improving end-to-end customer care at Vodafone;
- our business students have carried out projects for client organisations ranging from Hitachi to the London Underground; and
- we are the only affiliate of the in the UK and have contributed more students to its summer schools and masters programmes than any other institution in the country.
Recent work experience placements have taken place at:
Many of our lecturers are also practitioners or researchers, so they are up-to-date with all the latest ideas and trends. For example:
- the Small Business Research Centre has undertaken work for sponsors including HSBC and the Bank of England;
- the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing's emphasis on commercially-useful research means its research groups have worked with companies such as Jaguar Cars, Dunlop Aviation and the Environment Agency; and
- Sir Peter Hall, who founded the Royal Shakespeare Company and is Patron of the University, has led masterclasses for drama students.