In order to take part in Head Start Online, you must be a student holding a Firm offer for an undergraduate course at Kingston University, with priority given to applicants who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You are the first generation in your family to progress to higher education (ie. your parents have not been to university; but if a brother or sister has, you are still eligible).
- You are a mature student (aged 21 or over on 1 September before you start your course) who does not currently hold a bachelor's degree.
- Your family household income is less than £25,000 per year.
- You identify as being disabled or have a specific learning difference.
- You are under the age of 25 and have spent time in care in the UK, been placed in a foyer or are estranged from your family. Read more on the support available for care leavers at Kingston University.
- You are recognised by social services as a young adult carer.
- You are in receipt of the Sanctuary Scholarship.
- You are entering Higher Education with a BTEC as your main qualification.
- You are coming to Kingston University via Clearing.
What if you do not meet the above criteria?
If you do not meet any of the eligibility criteria, but would like to be part of Head Start Online, then we recommend that you still complete the booking form when applications open. The Head Start team will then review your application and inform you if a place becomes available.
If you have any questions about our eligibility criteria then please contact us for more information.