The Kingston University Accommodation Team is no longer advertising properties for private landlords. We are using Studentpad and our KU Student Homes website to exclusively advertise University managed properties. These include our Headed Tenancy properties and Halls of Residence. So we will currently not be able to approve your advert requests.
We are in the process of setting up a pricing structure for our advertising service and we hope this will be set up later in the year.
We offer an advertising service for local property owners who have rooms or properties to let to our students. When you add a vacancy to our list, it will be seen by students and staff throughout the University.
KU Student Homes is hosted on our Studentpad website. In order to advertise properties you need to register with the site and pay the appropriate fee.
Owners/landlords are invited to advertise their properties on KU Student Homes, provided they are willing to sign up to our recommended Code of Standards and pay the relevant fee. The purpose of this code is to ensure that:
First, you need to register with our KU Student Homes Site by creating a personal log-in and account and pay the appropriate fee. Follow these simple instructions:
1. Please go to the KU Student Homes website
2. Click on "First time landlords register and check rates to advertise"
3. Read the instructions and then click on "Register your details online" under the "Register Online" section.
4. Complete the required details (you will need to ensure that browser pop-up blockers are disabled) and click "Submit"
5. To add a property, click "Add Property" - follow the instructions and add the property description including pictures, travel information etc.
6. Once the property has been added, you then need to create an advert by clicking on the "Advert" tab at the top of the screen. Click on "Create Advert" and complete the details.
7. Once you have created your advert it will come to the Accommodation Team for approval.
8. Upload the mandatory documentation:
a. Gas Safety Certificate
b. Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) if renting a whole property
c. HMO Licence if your property requires one (check our Code of Standards for more information)
Go to the "Certification" section on your Property Profile to upload the necessary certificates.