This course is designed to:
- serve as a conversion course for those with an interest in security and politics who do not have a background in this area;
- act as a stepping stone for graduates intending to pursue doctoral studies in international relations, politics, development studies, history and other relevant fields; and
- provide a valuable background for a career in government, journalism, law, accountancy, business or the media – thanks to the policy-making and briefing skills you acquire.
Graduates will be well prepared for future careers in:
- the diplomatic service;
- non-governmental organisations (NGOs);
- higher education;
- the armed forces; and
- public and private sector management.